Holiday homes are fantastic all year round, and our holiday homes at Holgates allow you to enjoy a break from the stresses of everyday life. Not only do they provide relaxation for you and your family, there are several events and activities to enjoy during your short break, including the Silverdale Bonfire & Fireworks display on the 4th November.
Although summer is a fantastic season to enjoy holiday homes, there are many reasons why a holiday home is great for autumn and winter seasons too!
Experience the Beauty of Autumn
Autumn provides some of the most beautiful scenery throughout the year, and the romantic elements it brings showcase why it is a loving season for many. Our holiday homes mean you don’t need to travel far, or abroad, to enjoy a memorable holiday with your family and friends.
Autumn is one of the best times to visit the Lake District due to the spectacular displays of colour from the forests, which transform from green to shades of yellow, orange, red and brown, and you get the opportunity to see this stunning view.
The idea of running through a woodland and kicking up the fallen leaves can bring a smile to anyone’s face, and this simple and joyous activity is loved by many, and it’s also memorable to do this with your children.
Enjoy Our Parks
Our parks located near the Lake District offer stunning views across Morecambe Bay, North Lancashire and South Cumbria. There are many activities at each of these parks to keep you and your family entertained throughout these seasons, from arcades and leisure facilities such as swimming pools, but for those who are looking for peace and quiet, we offer just this too.
- Silverdale – Open all year around, the park is surrounded by the natural beauty of 100 acres of woodland and countryside which glisten in the autumn and winter seasons.
- Bay View – Situated in the beautiful rural setting of Lancashire, Bay View is a peaceful and tranquil retreat, perfect for relaxation.
- Silver Ridge – As autumn offers some of the best yearly views, Silver Ridge is perfect for exploring the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales at this time of year. For those seeking a peaceful retreat, this is an ideal place.
- Netherbeck – Autumn and winter allow us to see and enjoy the simple beauty of the outdoors, and with the seclusion of Netherbeck, it allows a unique and peaceful environment, allowing you to escape to the country.
- Far Arnside – This is one of the most sought-after parks in the area offering a peaceful escape all year around. This park offers facilities such as a sauna, steam room and spa pool, allowing you to relax and stay warm in the colder seasons. With access to some of the area’s finest walks and scenery, it’s perfect for exploration at this time of the year.