Caravanning, or even staying in a static caravan park, is a great way to explore the Lake District, with its stunning landscapes and picturesque villages. But if you’re looking for an even more enjoyable experience, it pays to find a Lake District caravan park that offers excellent facilities.
From swimming pools and children’s play areas to on-site shops and gyms, there are many features that can turn your stay into something special. Plus, if you’re travelling with your dog there should be plenty of routes available for walks.
Here at Holgates, we spare no expense when it comes to creating an unforgettable caravanning experience. Our parks offer all of the above facilities, plus extras such as an on-site restaurant and cafe, a bowling alley and more. Whether you’re travelling solo or with family and friends, there’s sure to be something for everyone at our caravan parks near the Lake District.
What Are Some Essential Features That A Good Lake District Caravan Park Should Offer?
If you’re considering caravanning, or staying in a static caravan or holiday lodge , it’s important that you choose a park with everything you’ll need to make it a relaxing stay. While you’re never far from a local village or town, it’s always better to make sure you have everything you need nearby.
That way, even if the weather does decide to turn on you, you can still rest easy in the knowledge that your holiday isn’t going to be ruined!
Here are a few features that, we think, are absolutely essential when you’re choosing a holiday caravan park near the Lake District.
It’s important that you choose a holiday park which has all the essentials you’ll need to enjoy your holiday. That should include:
- On-Site Shop, offering snacks, toiletries, toys, newspapers and other forms of entertainment.
- On-Site or Local Restaurant. Having access to a local restaurant can make a huge difference to your enjoyment. Rather than being forced to prepare your own meals, you’ll be able to enjoy food prepared for you throughout the day.
- Dog Walking Routes – It’s extremely important, if you’re bringing your beloved pooch, that you’ve got somewhere to keep the dog stimulated. That should include a local walking route, and plenty of space for the dog to run around.
Whether you’re visiting as a couple or a family, it’s extremely important that you have some activities to enjoy while you’re staying at a caravan park. Here at Holgates Silverdale, we’re fully committed to providing some of the best activities in the area, including:
- Swimming Pool. Our swimming and toddler pools offer a great way for kids to burn off some energy . Or a relaxing haven at our adult-only swimming sessions, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi , you’ll be able to relax and get the most out of your holiday.
- Children’s Play Area – We know how important it is for young children to stay entertained, so we’ve made sure that our parks have plenty of indoor and outdoor play areas and activities on-site.
- Gym – Still need your gym fix on holiday? No problem as you can access the gym while staying with us at our fitness suite.
- Bowling Alley – For those who like something a little different, we’ve installed a state-of-the-art bowling alley at Holgates Silverdale.. Play for an hour or two and you’ll be sure to work up an appetite.
At Holgates, we understand how important it is to have a pleasant stay and that is why we go the extra mile and make sure our parks are equipped with all the facilities you’ll need for an enjoyable experience.
For A Luxury Caravan Park, Choose Holgates Cumbria, Lancashire & The Ribble Valley
Whether it’s a week-long stay or just a few days away, choosing the right holiday park can make all the difference. That’s why you should always make sure that your chosen park offers all the features and amenities that will help make your trip as enjoyable as possible.
With Holgates we offer a range of parks that offers many facilities such as our Flagship site at Holgates Silverdale where you you’ll have access to all the features and amenities such as; swimming pools, children’s play areas, on-site shops, gyms, on-site restaurants and café, bowling alleys and much more. Other park locations offer very few facilities, it all depends on what you’re looking for in a park. All our sites offer great local dog walking routes too! It’s easy to see why Holgates is the perfect choice for a holiday park stay.