If you’re staying at our Silverdale Holiday Park, it can be challenging to fit everything in a week – but it can be done!
To help you get the most out of your visit, we have put together a one-week ultimate itinerary of the must-see places to visit, including museums, outdoor activities and pubs to unwind in. We hope this helps you simplify what to do with your days.
Must See Museums and Galleries
Silverdale and the surrounding areas are filled with history waiting for you to explore. You can spend an afternoon or most of the day losing yourself in these wonderful museums and galleries.
- The Wolfhouse Gallery – a popular tourist destination for many who visit the Silverdale area. It features a café, gallery of gifts, crafts, jewellery, pottery and art and an outdoor play area for children.
- The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction – one of the most well-known attractions in the Lake District. You can experience the magical world that Beatrix Potter created in her books.
- Derwent Pencil Museum – located in Keswick, this museum is home to the world’s first pencil! Here you will discover secret WW2 pencils and one of the largest pencils in the world, measuring almost 8 metres!
A Huge Range of Outdoor Activities
Being a place of natural beauty, many relish the chance to experience the natural beauty of Silverdale and the surrounding areas. With so much to do, we have listed some of the best activities you should do and some of the best places to visit.
- RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve – boasting the largest reed bed in the north-west of England, you can find a spectacular range of wildlife. Including otters, bearded tits, marsh harriers, egrets and red deer.
- Treetop Trek – enjoy this multi award winning adventure which is available for everyone ages 5 years – 10 years. With 35 exciting treetop challenges including wobbly logs, rope bridges and aerial obstacles, it’s a great way to spend a day. Prices vary from £18 for children and £22 for adults.
- Arnside & Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – if you want to explore stunning limestone pavements, ancient woodlands, intimate orchards and meadows and the beautiful coastline, this is for you. With walking and cycling routes and much more, you can easily create lasting memories.
- Morecambe Bay – this is a wonderful place to view beautiful sunsets and explore natural landscapes. There are a wide range of outdoor activities available to you, from paragliding, mountain biking, kitesurfing, sailing, parachuting, horse-riding and windsurfing.
Must Visit Pub
If you’re looking for somewhere to unwind after a fulfilled day, we have just the place for you! The Royal Silverdale is located in the heart of Silverdale village, and is a wonderful restaurant and pub that offers a large range of cask ales and fine wines for your enjoyment. Great food, fantastic atmosphere, and the perfect place to relax after a day of exploring the area.
There is so much to do in and around Holgates and Silverdale, and it can be difficult to fit it all in. But with our itinerary, we hope we have saved you time trying to decide what to do and inspired you to visit these beautiful locations.
If you would like to book a short break at Holgates, we would be happy to help! To find out more about our holiday homes, please get in touch with us today by calling 01524 701 508 or emailing email@example.com.