More than just holiday parks near the Lake District, our locations provide a relaxed lifestyle that allows you to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life and switch off from the world for a few days. But what exactly makes Holgates such a great place to visit during the summer holidays and what can you and your family expect?
Benefit from Our Facilities
Our leisure facilities at our flagship park in Silverdale can make your summer day out even better by offering you plenty of entertainment. So, come to Holgates and enjoy all the great activities we have for the whole family:
- Swimming Pool – Our swimming pool is great for a dip in the water before heading outdoors to explore the area; it’s also perfect for the little ones to splash about and show you how talented they are at swimming, as the temperature of our pool is ideal for children. If you’re just visiting us for the day, you can use the pool by paying £5.50 for adults, £4.50 for children and £2.50 for toddlers.
- Sauna, Steam Room and Jacuzzi – They’re just the relaxing icing on the cake after a long day of exploring the Lakes.
- Golf and Bowling – If you love a little bit of friendly competition, enjoy our pitch and putt and see who can do a hole-in-one first. Our bowling alley is also great for the kids, as the little bowling balls fit comfortably in their small hands. And they’ll, no doubt, love trying their hand at mini golf or improving their bowling skills.
- Children’s Play Areas – Not surprisingly, the spacious children’s games room and the attached indoor soft play area are very popular with the little ones as well. They’ll have the chance to bounce around with their siblings or new friends, play games and, overall, just have the best time. We also have two outdoor adventure playgrounds they’ll absolutely love.
- Convenience Store – With so much to do both at Holgates and in the area, it’s natural for you and the kids to get the munchies when having fun. If that happens, don’t fret; our convenience store has everything you could possibly need to cook a meal, so a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack is easy to come by.
- Ice Cream Parlour – Ideal for a summer day; after laying down the picnic towel, enjoy your lunch in the peaceful natural surroundings of our park and have an ice cream as dessert.
- Free Wi-Fi – With free Wi-Fi in our centre, you can take amazing photos of the natural beauty around you and immediately show them to everyone on your Instagram. You can also follow us on @holgatescaravanparks.
- Bar and Restaurant – Whether you’re out exploring the area or taking advantage of all of our amazing facilities, end the day on a delicious note by having a meal at our Bar and Restaurant, the perfect finish to an exciting day out. Check out our seasonal menu to see what delicacies await you!
Breathe in the Fresh Air
Natural beauty is everywhere in the Lakes, and summertime means you can enjoy the gorgeous landscapes with the sun shining warmly. One of the things that makes Holgates so popular for holidaymakers and those seeking a tranquil getaway is that our parks are located in the middle of nature and just shy of the Lakes; this is especially attractive for people who spend a lot of time working indoors.
It's also great for families during the school holidays, as children can enjoy the health benefits of spending time in nature. Fresh air is great for your mental and physical well-being. Exposing your lungs to the scents of flowers and plants can help to relieve stress and anxiety, improve your mood and lower your blood pressure, among other benefits. And after spending a day in the countryside, both you and your kids are likely to feel a lot more energised, too.
So Much to Do, So Much to See
Your family won’t lack for entertainment if you head over to Holgates for a day out during the school holidays. All of our parks are based in North Lancashire and South Cumbria, areas that are well-known for breathtaking sights as well as plenty of activities for the family, including the little ones.
You can find us in Silverdale and Arnside Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and we’re also close to the Lake District, to the Yorkshire Dales and to the Forest of Bowland. This means there are plenty of hiking routes to explore, with some of the most stunning scenery the country has to offer – and perfect for the kids too:
- Eaves Wood – a great route for a leisure walk in nature, Eaves Wood spans 2 miles and will take you to the Pepperpot on King William’s Hill and through footpaths where you can admire ancient woodland and rare plants; it will also give you spectacular views over the coast to Grange over Sands.
- Arnside to Silverdale – the attractive village of Silverdale and the gorgeous ruins of Arnside Tower are beautiful sights to admire but are not the only ones on this route. The 3 miles of coastal walking offers stunning views over Morecambe Bay, such as its dramatic rocky shoreline.
- Silverdale, Jack Scout, Jenny Brown’s Point and Warton Sands – this 4-mile walk can be done in around two hours and allows you to follow the Kent Estuary, climb into the amazing deciduous woodland that borders the coastline, and simply enjoy the coastal sights.
You can play ‘spot the animal’ with your children (as there’s plenty of diverse wildlife here) or show them how different the flora can be in the area during these walks as well.
There are many historical places to discover too, such as Lancaster and Morecambe, which is a fantastic way to nurture your kids’ interest in history. And don’t forget about all the market towns you can lose yourself in, like Kirkby Lonsdale and Kendal.
You can also opt for a fun day full of adventure, which we’re confident your kids will absolutely love (and will want to tell all their friends about once school starts again). From swinging through the trees at Go Ape to enjoying the thrills of a water sports activity and climbing a mountain, Holgates is perfectly located for you and your children to have a bit of excitement when school is out.
We want you to have the best possible summer day out, so our amenities will elevate it to new heights and ensure your children have lots of fun before they go back to school. So, escape to the lovely Holgates Silverdale and let our park be your tranquil haven this summer.