It’s what we’ve all been waiting for patiently: spring. The blooming of the flowers, the birth of lambs and plenty more signs of new and exciting life springing up everywhere – it’s truly wonderful.
Amongst the stunning landscape of the Lake District and its new-found World Heritage Site status, the season of spring seems to radiate even more beauty, and we are thrilled to be in the midst of it here at Holgates.
We want to take a moment to look at some of the most captivating scenes we are so lucky to have in the surrounding areas. Taken by local photographers, everyday people visiting the Lakes, people who live in the area, and experts in snapping truly dreamy moments, here are 30 snapshots alongside some worthy quotes, which will make you want to head to these lavish landscapes right now.
Because a picture says a thousand words…
1. Rydal Water by Lancashire Photographer Tony West
“The loveliest spot that man hath found” Wordsworth
2. Morecambe Bay by Lancashire Photographer Tony West
3. Holker Hall Gardens by Lucy Barden, Lancashire and Cumbria Photographer
4. Silverdale Coast by Deborah Ford, Lancashire Life Readers Photography Competition Entry
“You may leave the Lake District, but once you’ve been, it’ll never leave you…” Anonymous
5. Bluebells in Littledale by Steven Kidd, Lancashire Life Photo Entry
“Oh, the Lake District’s lovely. Let’s go there. We can eat scones. They do great scones in 1927.” Doctor Who
10. Monk Coniston Jetty by Phil Buckle, Landscape Photographer
11. Lodore Falls, Derwentwater by Keswick Photographer Mark Hewitt
You may not find Wi-Fi here, but you will connect.” Unknown
16. Spring Watendlath by Pete Tasker, Owner of Keswick gallery ‘Viewpoints’
17. Blea Tarm, Langdale Valley, Take-a-View Landscape Photographer of the Year 2017 – Melvin Nicholson Photography
18. Morecambe Bay Sunset, M. Yates Photography – Lancaster Photographer
“I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day’s work.” Frank Lloyd Wright
“Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own.” Charles Dickens
24. Flowing to Buttermere by Nigel Danson, Landscape Photographer
25. From Orrest Head, Nina Kathryn Claridge Photography – Lake District Photographer
Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the Lake.” –Wallace Stevens
“Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach of us more than we can ever learn from books.” John Lubbock
Want to experience any of these stunning landscapes?
At Holgates, we offer a range of accommodations such as static caravan hire, touring caravans, motorhomes, camping pods, and seasonal tourers – all on the doorstep of the Lake District.
Our holiday parks in the Lake District truly are the perfect base to explore, spend time with family, and experience the true beauty of the Lakes.
Ready to take a step into the great outdoors this spring? Simply get in touch with our team today.
If you have any photos you would like to share with us that you’ve taken on and around Holgates parks tweet us at @holgatesCP – we love to see the wildlife in the surrounding area!